Monday, June 24, 2013

One week with Elder McCaskill



     Elder Suarez's bus took off at 7...but it really left at 8:15ish we are so on time here in Chile. Then we waited in the bus terminal until about 10:00 when Elder Castillo took off to Antofagasta, because we couldn't leave him there alone. 
     During that wait time there were several missionaries coming and going along with different members and investigators to say good-bye and there was one member who was there that stopped me suddenly and said, "You were in Pozo Almonte!" and I look at her and said, "Why do you know that?" and she informes me that I taught her once there with Elder Hewstone and then a flood of memories came rushing back to me. I remembered who she was. So that was a fun connection to the past we made and it was also nice because she told me that my Spanish had improved much since my time in Pozo, (Thank goodness, over a year of being here in Chile) (There is a picture of me and her. 
      Elder McCaskill arrived the following morning at 6:40 and it was the first time I've seen him since the Noobies conference that we had at the first of our mission. After being in the MTC together it has been a long time without seeing eachother, and now we are companions. 
     On Wednesday morning we did service and painted a room and they are a part member family and part of the members are inactive so we painted "GO" in comand form and then painted a church on the wall. It's a beautiful work of art I shall include the picture. And of Elder McCaskill painting.
 The last picture is of Elder McCaskill, Elder Rattaletslkj.... (not sure how to spell it) and I who we are all 6' 3"ish so we tower over most everyone here in Chile. 
 Elder McCaskill speaks wonderful Spanish and corrects me often and also as we speak in English in the apartment I realize at times how bad my English has become, and makes me wonder if my emails are understandable. 
 Sunday night that Zone conference of the World is amazing we all watched here as a mission, in our respect stakes, and the Lord is hasting the work. 
 So I hope all is well. 
Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

Wishing will not make it so. The Lord expects our thinking. He expects our action. He expects our labors. He expects our testimonies. He expects our devotion.
President Thomas S. Monson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment