Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving and Less than a month until Christmas



I don´t know if there has ever been a year I´ve been so excited for Christmas to come around, and it was my first Thanksgiving outside of the States, nonetheless it was not without Pumpkin Pie thanks to Elder Parker who worked hard and made a pumpkin pie from scratch and it was the best pumpkin pie I´ve ever tasted. All of the Latinos enjoyed it as well which surprised me a little bit just that there are many who don´t like things from the States. It was delicious. 
Saturday we did some service as an Elder´s quorum and prepared and cleaned a piece of land to place a new room that we will build later but the leveling of the dirt and cleaning was a lot of work. So much junk. But I had the chance to use a jackhammer which was quite enjoyable. But after I was super sun burned. I was burned through my shirt the sun is hot, and there is no green here. 
The picture is a huge dog named Oso and the name fits him well. I feel really bad from him because he just wants to get out and play but playing includes jumping on people and he will knock them straight over. However he only has a tiny little space to run around but they don´t let him out because he jumps on people. 
 Well that´s all for the moment. Elder Marthell and I have been practicing English a lot for him. 
 Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment