Monday, November 5, 2012

Turning the Corner

November 2nd was defiantly one of the longest and most stressful days of the mission. Starting out on the 1st with Elder Herbert informing us that he has a trunky conference (for all the missionaries who are going home this up coming transfer) on Friday (tomorrow at this time) and he is leaving the bus station at 5:30 in the morning. Making the four of us wake up at 4:30 to be able to get there in time, and we ended up leaving the pension at about 5:00 and no taxis passed by, so we start waking rather rapidly to the bus stop and luckly a taxi passes takes Elder Herbert and Elder Rivas and they inform us that they make it with less than a minute to spare. Elder Marthell and I finally arrive by foot and pick up Elder Rivas and walk back to the pension. Take a little nap and then study and prep for the day etc. Now in the morning Elder Marthell and I have double appointments and so we called a couple youth in the night to leave with us in the morning, and they agreed to do so, however; Elder Rivas has appointments for the afternoon as well and the Priest who left with us in the morning won´t be able to leave with us in the afternoon.
     I´m the one that knows the sector/ward and so I start calling the other priest and Elders of the ward to leave with us and finally found one until 6 so Elder Rivas leaves with him and we visit one other priest who I'm pretty close with and he agrees to leave with me however he works at 8 so we are able to get a couple appointments in. Walking back to the home of Maxi (the youth) before work I'm calling every Elder and Priest in the phone. Not one can come....Maxi needs to leave to work. I'm stuck without a companion...I know where the other missionaries are at...or should be arriving so Maxi agrees to walk with me to the home of the Diaz family who the other Elders have a FHE with some investigators there we arrive and thank Maxi for his work with me. I say hi to the family and go into the back room and make some phone calls to our appointments for the evening and tell them we won't make it. The FHE finishes and we are able to make it to one appointment before 10:00 when Elder Herbert is suppose to make it back to Calama. We take a taxi to the bus stop and his bus coming back in 30 minutes late. ugh. I'm tired I had been trying to find a companion all day I woke up early etc.
    Once the bus arrives with Elder Herbert and Hundsaker we need to wait for the other trio of the day that arrives after 20 minutes after the bus arrives. Take a bus home making it by about 11:20 and want nothing to do with anything just to sleep. Long day. Calling and taking with more people on the phone since I've worked at Vivint, and my Spanish improves but I still have a hard time on the phone.
    Sunday we had a great success at church random investigators and less actives that I didn't know just showed up. Alonzo and Maria came and Alonzo had an interview with Bishop which we have been working on for a long time, so that he can start the process of receiving the priesthood. ¡Por fin!
     The weeks just keep becoming blurrs, but I´m still writing in my journal so don´t worry I got it. I keep hearing of people going on missions it's a good thing. (I want to know where and when people are going)(and keep me updated on engagements as well)(Please) Elder Herbert received a package of candy from the states and doesn't want it so he shares a lot. To celebrate a year we bought some GreatValue pizza and it was is the best pizza that I've eaten here in Chile and today I made myself a rootbeer float.  just saying
    And one last quick story is that a less active called us this morning at 4 asking for a blessing. So we went (luckly just a block) and came back to go straight to bed.
 Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to.
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment