Monday, February 4, 2013

Ground Hog day, Half Birthday, and 15 months



It sure seems like much longer of a time has past by then only six months sinse my birthday, but only six months have past. 
 We had a new family come to Mejillones from Antofagasta, whose name evades me in this moment but they are fantastic. They will help change the branch of Mejillones. She was called as Refeil Society President that same day and she started working right away, and went and did visits. =) Gran cara feliz. He hasn't received a calling yet but he helped us out a ton with an investigator that came to church, he talked with him told him what was going on. Invited him to his home in the evening. 
 We've been doing service for a family here and we are building a house and I found out that my hands have lost a lot of the ability they had of hard work. Or in other words, I have very soft hands now. I used a pick axe to break out a rock and very quickly formed 2 blisters, and it was a bit disappointing. But we got the rock out, and dug a whole that was probably about 5 feet deep for the bathroom. I felt like I was in the book Holes. 
 Ivan Anacoña who was baptized last week blew our minds. We had a lesson with his parents and his mom asked him why he got baptized, and he informed them that it was not because of the activities we do and that he falls well with us but that it is for the teachings on the inside of the church. I was very pleased with it. 
 The church is young here in Chile, just a little before I left for my mission Chile celebrated 50 years of missionary work, and I never realized what that meant until a little while ago. That the church is very young here. I used to be frustrated at times why people couldn't understand the importance of this work, and complete with what needs to be done, and more than anything know what needs to be down. Now I recognize that they are doing very well. The church is a huge program that has many parts to it and I being a member all my life not knowing everything shouldn't expect more from the people here. (I don´t know if that all makes sense and I don't have time to back and edit) The Lord is hastening his work. I keep hearing that phrase, and think that big things are coming here in Chile
 Have a Wonderful day
     Elder James O. Gillespie 

No comments:

Post a Comment