Monday, April 8, 2013

Be careful with your Abril fool's jokes



So I played three jokes, One: I called my Zone leaders and told them my backpack was stolen which mean I lost all the baptismal records of our district and Elder Hales was distrait. But then I told him it was a joke and that I had arrived to our location to pass the records. Two: I wrote home telling everyone that my companion was sick. Three: broken Camera
     Now what happened this week as pay back. One: Elder Hales calls me and tells me I have a special transfer and my heart sank to the floor and then he told me he was lying to me. Two: Tuesday my companion woke-up, throwing-up. Ewww- but it was all good because he made it to the bathroom and I didn't have to see anything. But he ate something or something attacked for Tuesday and Wednesday but we are good now. 
      General Conference was coming and so we had to see if we could watch it in the chapel and then invite all of the city of Mejillones to come watch it. (Next time I'm just going to call the radio station and have them announce it) So on Sunday was the first time that the city of Mejillones watched all of the sessions of General Conference in the chapel there, (with expecting of Priesthood, I wanted to watch at least one session in English [and Priesthood session blew my mind (we have such a cool church)]) But it was an entertaining week, Saturday we had the morning session at 1:00 PM and then ate lunch together as a branch and then continued to watch the next session at 5:00 PM from then we left to Antofagasta to watch Priesthood, then came back to Mejillones arriving at about 12:00 at night so we had a full day. Then Sunday we arrived at the chapel a little after 10 in the morning just in case someone arrived for normal church that didn't understand about the conference well. 
Friday we had our interviews with President Bruce. (Which concludes all my interviews with President Bruce, the next one with President Dalton) While we wait for the other missionaries to have their interviews Sis Bruce and the Assistants always have something prepared for us to do. Be it watch a movie about the importance of learning English or 17 Miracles or one time we had a lesson with the assistants etc. This activity was much better we played Preach My Gospel Jeopardy and I'm proud to say that our team won, and that I was surprised had how well I competed against everyone else. 
 Today I finally got to know la Portada of Antofagasta after 17 months in the mission I finally saw it. (It's a lot bigger than I thought it was) but here comes the joke three back at me, my camera ran out of battery so I only got a few pictures because I robbed Elder Miranda's batteries. 
 Well that's all for now Folks!
 Have a Wonderful day - because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie 
 Captions with Photos, 1: look at President Monson in Mejillones! Doesn't he look so good?
2: Lunch Conference
3: La Portada, Man I'm tan!
4: Look you can see my collar tan line! 





No comments:

Post a Comment