Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 4th of July


Little late but still. As well happy wedding to Jen and Jared on the 7th. 
Love hearing about different engagements and missionaries heading out into the field. Everyone is growing up so much. Brings a tear to my eye. 

Exciting stories of the week: Google street view, 4th of July, and contacting

1 Google street views: You know when you go and Google maps you can put that little yellow man on the map and then drive around the cities. (if you don´t that´s okay I spent way to much time playing with it) Google right now is doing that here in Arica, Chile and the Google car has passed us twice: 1a) was a P-day and we were playing soccer at the church. and if you look past all the soccer players and sitting on the ground against the wall you can possibly see me. 1b) Elder Valle, my zone leader, and I should be standing on the corner and if we aren´t....lame. 

   1a) Simon Bolivar with Magallanes, Arica Chile  Dated 25th of June
   1b) San José with Livilcal, Arica Chile               Dated 4th of July

Anyways I imagine the photos aren´t up yet but those are the addresses and hopefully one day I will be famous in Google Maps. 

2 It was the 4th of July! We didn´t remember until lunch time, I began to write in my study journal and wrote the date again and realized what it said. So Elder Jensen and I searched out my American flag that a member gave me in Alborada my first cambio put it up on our wall in the living room. Then searched out his English hymn book and called all of the American gringos (We have one from Canada [Happy Canada on the 1st]) in the zone and sang "The Star Spangled Banner" and wished them a happy 4th of July. It boosted my spirit and attitude immensely. Proud to be an American. Elder Jensen and I sang all of American hymns in the hymn book together. During the entire day it seemed that everyone had shirts on from the states with the flag on it. =)

3 This past week Elder Jensen and I received many blessings with our contacts. Of all of the key indicators the one we normally have the biggest problem with is New Investigators. (Defined as someone who you teach a lesson for the first time and accept a date to come back and teach again) Just one of the harder key indicators to achieve, and Friday, we continue with our contacts and with some miracles we just keep getting let in doors. We had a hard time achieving the goal for our contacts because the doors kept opening up. We were blessed and pray that it continues to do so. 

Thanks for reading. 

Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

I had some photos I wanted to send however this computer´s card reader doesn´t works so next week. 

Elder Gillespie
Misión Chile Antofagasta
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment