Monday, August 6, 2012

9 months and 20 years old...Weird


Today as a preparation zone activity we played soccer (fairly common) however we played on a full size turf field (not so common). We played Zone Los Olivos contra Zone Costanera, generally when I play soccer here I prefer to play defense because it doesn´t really matter which way you kick it as long as you kick away from the goal however; today I felt more bold or had more desire to score so I played forward and I scored my first goal =) Elder Relei, who has been a role model of a missionary for me, this is his last transfer =(, anyways, had the ball coming up the right side of the field, and I coming up the right cut in towards the goal pointing up towards the goal. Elder Relei boots it up right to where I´m headed and I jump and chest bump the ball into the goal over the goal. I was very content with it. 
So that´s a fun little story

Story two: This morning it was reported by Elder Marroquín, (my companion more about him shortly) that I was talking in my sleep. I inquire of him if I spoke in Spanish or in English and I am proud to report that I spoke in Spanish. 

Elder Marroquin from Guatemala, studying to become a doctor and has 6 months here in Chile. I met him before in Alto Hospicio where it he had his first transfer however he spend the rest of his time in Copiapo. Hard worker and we speak Spanish which I believe has already excelled my Spanish back up, (note the story above) because I lost quite a bit of it with Elder Jensen, (speak your language) The bad thing is I forget that he has only been here for a few days and so he doesn´t know everyone yet, but that´s okay. 

I´m twenty now, had a cake smashed in my face which brought back a flood of memories. For those of you involved in these memories, thank you. 
Hit nine months in the mission field at the same time. It just keeps going faster and faster.
It´s been rather cloudy weather we Elder Marroquín has only had one sunny day, it even sprinkled today which was nice and rather odd. 
Love it here. 

Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie
 
Elder Gillespie
Misión Chile Antofagasta
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment