Monday, September 17, 2012

Calama



Calama I arrived at 6 in the morning and it was the first time I´ve had chattering teeth since I´ve arrived in Chile. I could see my breath which was kind of exciting. Elder Gonzalez and I arrive to our pension and I was quite surprised at how messy it was so I took our first morning worked together to clean it up. It looks spectacular now. 
    I´m still really turned around and not sure who is who and where they live but the map in my head is forming slowly. Sunday I had the chance to play the Piano. 
    18 of September is the independence day here in Chile and it is a huge party that lasts the whole week- much bigger than the 4th of July, almost no one works and there are flags, barbecues, and beer everywhere. Pretty crazy time. Although I do love walking down the street and seeing all of these flags waving in the wind defiantly the most color I´ve seen here in Chile. 
    It´s pretty hot and cold here, in the morning it´s rather cold and to make the matter worse the hot water works for about 3 minutes and then it goes bitter cold. Tragic story however it will wake you right up because it gives you about 2 seconds of warning before it goes cold. 
 Have a Wonderful day-because you can choose to. 
    Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment