Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Conference



What a spiritual bursting experience! I love conference. I had another bonus here in Calama with us not living in Pozo Almonte away from all of the wards is that we all watch the conference in the same chapel, and with that we also have 7 gringos together and so there was a gringo room set up where we watch conference in English. Fantastic, fantastic fantastic.
Right now we are teaching Norma who has a baptismal date for the 20th. She has an amazing memory that remember the lessons and what it means. Ward Oasis had four missionaries before I came, and she was taught by the other two missionaries first and it had taken us several weeks for us to find a time that she could recive us, however she came to church for 2 weeks by herself. (Which is very impressive here[It´s frustrating at time how hard it is to get people to come to church here]) She came with us to the Saturday afternoon session of conference with Elder Oaks was perfect for her, from what I understood. (This is the one session I watched in Spanish) 
     I´m kind of in a moment where my Spanish is falling off a cliff and I have a much harder time speaking than I use to. I hope that I´ll overcome this Spanish hole quickly. 
     With the annoucement of 18 and 19 year old missionaries I imagen that the MTC´s in the world are going to explode with people these up coming months. 
     As I promised a while ago here is the video of Cristian throwing his top and catching it his hand.  

 Yup
Have a Wonderful day-because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment