Monday, October 22, 2012

Transfers



     Elder Gonzalez is taking off to Diego de Margo, I will stay here with Elder Martel from Honduras coming from Arica and that reaches my limit of knowledge of him. As well Oasis will open up to become four missionaries again. Which gives me more excitement, I've been waiting to live in a four missionary pension again. Elder Parker, MTC companion, will be my district leader. 
     Antonia Contreras was baptized on Saturday and confirmed Sunday. The caliform, which makes the water hot (I haven't seen a water heater here ever), did not function well and the water froze Antonia, she shivered has she left the font. Nonetheless the Spirit filled the reunion. 
     Sunday we visited half the ward in one night so that Elder Gonzalez could say goodbye to everyone. So many photos. 
     In other news, Antonia and Nico Contreras found out how ticklish I am, and have proceeded to tell all of the Primary- after church I ran- trying to escape. so I guess it is time to learn how to not be ticklish. 
     Our mamita (the sister in the ward that the mission pays so that she cooks us lunch and washes our clothes) cooks a lot of bean soup, or called Porotos. The thing about food here, it doesn't taste bad just that it seems to never change up. Porotos, Rice with chicken, noodles with sauce, and Rice with a slush stew stuff that many times includes cow stomach. (It's really chewy) 
     I imagen that many people are now putting in their papers for their missions. I read in church news that MTC will be cut one third shorter, which will be fun to see the new missionaries come out. 
 Well if you have any questions feel free to ask. 
 Have a Wonderful day- Because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment