Monday, March 25, 2013

Wow how time flies



     Once upon a time I remember I was entering the MTC and being brought from building to building and as I was waiting in line for something a Sister missionary came up to me and with lots of excitement, shook my hand saying, "Welcome to the MTC Elder Gillespie!" it caught me off guard to the point it took me a second to recognize Sister Graham. The point is that we were in the MTC together for a short period before she left to the field and now I have heard that she has finished her mission and is at home. That makes me feel quite old as a missionary. The MTC does feel like a very very long time ago nevertheless if the Sister Missionaries that I started with are going home now means that I don't have very much time left here. 
      So it's transfers and both Elder Miranda and I are staying right here in Mejillones and It's still a lot of work, however we organized a lot more the classes for Sunday and it went much smoother. Dividing the primary into two classes makes a HUGE difference, because they can be taught according to their ages a lot more, and can express more love for all of them because there isn't so many. (thumbs ups)  
      We had a mini- conference this week with President Bruce which was nice to sit and just hear and learn instead of trying to teach. Elder Miranda along with all of the other new missionaries presented themselves, and we have a lot of news in Antofagasta and Calama and a lot of Sisters. In the conference we studied Alma 8 and the verse that stuck out to me was 15 saying lift up your head and rejoice. My thoughts went to DyC 88:67 and keeping our thoughts and eye to the glory of God. 
      Friday I subbed for the Seminary teacher- I don't know what is harder to teach, youth classes or Primary. 
 Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment