Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cool Story 04/23/12


Entering week 5

     This last Wednesday I worked with Elder Sorenson, my Zone Leader in his sector, Los Condores, and Thursday morning we went to a members home to help them paint an empanadad stand. As we spoke about Hno. Eduardo Rutia he informed us that an Hna. Anderson baptized them in Santiago in 1980. Now many of you know the Heiss family, and if you don´t, I´m sorry, and for those who do probably not so many of you know that Sis. Heiss served a mission in North Chile 1979-80, which this mission ranged form Santiago to Arica. (it is a good 30+ bus ride) So after a few more questions we concluded that is definitely the same Hna. Anderson Heiss who I know. So to Sis. Heiss, The family Rutia is doing really well, they have attended the temple and are still serving actively in the church living in Alto Hospicio. 
     Now to make things even more awesome, and to recognize the hand of the Lord in all things. 
Originally the plan was to do the exchange on Tuesday, however because of different appointments we decided to do it on Wednesday returning to our proper sectors Thursday morning early. However because of rides and taxis things worked out for travels in Thursday midday. So it ended up that I would be going to this appointment. To top everything all off, that morning Elder Sorenson and I spoke about family and friends who have served missions and where and when and only because of that I looked in my book of random things to remember to see when Sis. Heiss served and her maiden name. Otherwise I would not have remembered. 

So remember the Lord knows what´s going on and He will take you where you need to go. This family was so happy to hear of the missionary who baptized them. 

and that´s my story

Have a Wonderful day- Because you can choose to.
     Elder James O. Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment