Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8th 2013



Lots of little stories here and there. 
It was Canada day this past week and my companion is Canadian, and on the 2nd we completed 20 months on the mission, and on the 4th of July we celebrate independence day for the USA and I'm from there so we decided to celebrate the 3rd of July and we made hamburgers. (Pictures included) It was a fine celebration. 
 On Wednesday we were walking home and around the corner came a man on a bike and ran right into me. No injures just a lot of shocked faces. 
 So because the ward changed borders I did a companion exchange and worked up in the other part of the ward to meet a few the members and it was fun to talk with Elder Perez who just came from Pozo Almonte and so he updated me on quite a few families from there and how the ward has changed and such. 
 Friday we did service and in the back YARD, (it was a real yard, with grass and trees) of a family and we cut up the branches that came from the trees in the back YARD! because they pruned their trees. It was a fantastic project. 
 So here in Chile people don't know how to type very well, it's just not something they teach and so you got a lot of one finger typers and what I have observed is that they don't use the shift key they push the CapLock button and then time the letter then hit it again to turn it off, and I mentioned that to my companion and he didn't believe me so we were visiting one family and the daughter was typing an email to someone and I told him to just watch and then he saw it and he still couldn't believe it, I told him that he is a man of little faith. 
 On Sunday we had a lot more people in church with the border change and it was a good fast and testimony meeting. Guiliana Gaete, the sister of Sebastian who I baptized here, who is a recent convert herself got up and shared her testimony and was super super nervous but we were proud of her.
 And we found a humming bird one day, it was exciting. 


Have a Wonderful day- because you can choose to
     Elder James O. Gillespie



No comments:

Post a Comment